Overnight Road Closures – Mon 18–Wed 26 August
Please be aware of overnight road closures that may affect your visit to the Errol Flynn Filmhouse next week, as part of the ongoing road improvement scheme.
The overnight road closures will run between Monday 18 August and Friday 22 August and then again on Tuesday 25 August and Wednesday 26 August. The hours of the closure are between 7pm and 4am.
We advise you to allow extra time for your journey if you are coming to see a film with us during the affected hours.
Details of roads affected are as follows:
- The existing closure at the southern end of Derngate will remain in place.
- Through traffic travelling towards town on the A428 Bedford Road, will be diverted north along Cliftonville Road.
- Vehicles heading south along York Road will not be able to enter Cheyne Walk (except for access) and will be diverted either along Spencer Parade or Billing Road.
- Vehicles travelling west from the Plough Hotel gyratory towards the works will be turned round at the roundabout outside the Morrisons supermarket.
- In the hours outside the night-time closures, the lane restrictions, currently in place, will be in use.
We suggest that customers coming from Billing Road take the Cliftonville Road diversion and access the Filmhouse via St Giles Street, coming down Hazelwood Road. This will allow you access into Albion Street Surface car park. You will then have to exit the town by Southbridge leading to the dual carriageway or St Peters roundabout to access St James and the Mounts
We advise customers affected by the Plough Hotel diversion to park at the St John’s car park and walk up to the Filmhouse.