Tue 25 July 2:30pm
Director: David Butler
Cast: Doris Day, Howard Keel
Deadwood, South Dakota, is largely the abode of men, but frontier scout Calamity Jane is as hard-riding, boastful and handy with a gun as any. Jane’s wild promises set her off in search of a beautiful singer to grace the stage at the Golden Garter saloon, but her triumphant return to town might be tainted when she inadvertently introduces a feminine rival to the man she loves.
This special screening offers people living with dementia the chance to enjoy this classic film in a relaxed and supportive environment.
This screening is open to all but we extend a warm welcome to those living with dementia, their companions and family members. Tickets for this screening are standard price, with one free companion ticket. There will be no adverts or trailers before the film but our cinema bar will be open from 45 minutes prior to the screening serving a variety of snacks and refreshments.
Specially trained staff will be on hand and the screening will also include:
- An interval midway through the film
- clearer signage to help you find your way about
- no adverts or trailers preceding the screening
- the lights will be up a little and the sound reduced slightly
- people are welcome to move about as they wish
- we encourage you to sing along and enjoy yourself
If you have any questions about this event, please contact our Box Office on 01604 624811 or email us.